Ok so maybe not something I should be bragging about, having mouldy food in the house. Under normal circumstances it’s not an exciting event, except when it comes to bananas as it means I can make banana bread, one of our family favourites!
To make your own delicious banana loaves, this is the recipe:
200g plain flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
75g butter or margarine
115g caster sugar
3 bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
1. Pre-heat oven to 180/gas mark 4
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl
3. In another bowl mix the butter/margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy
4. Add mashed bananas and eggs to sugar/margarine and mix well
5. Add to the dry ingredients and mix quickly and evenly
6. If making one large loaf it will take around 50-60 minutes to cook, halve this time if making small loaves or muffins
I have topped mine this time with a brown sugar glaze and two of them with chopped nuts but it tastes just as good plain.
It is a really versatile recipe and also makes great banana muffins. I have also made it before adding raisins or chocolate.
Let me know what you think if you try it out! 🙂
This post is part of the #FaveFamilyRecipes Competition with BritMums and Tilda Rice. Every pack sold will provide a meal to an expectant mum in Bangladesh